Did you know that t-shirts are perfect for cutting? You can create a crop top out of any t-shirt, so why not give it a try? Whether you’re looking to make your wardrobe more versatile or just want to save money with a cheap DIY, here’s how to cut a t shirt into a crop top. If you’ve ever wanted to look chic and put together but didn’t know where to start when it comes to fashion, this article is for you. Read on for discover the ins and outs of designing your own closet from the clothes you wear right down to the accessories. You won’t miss another sale or check back list again once you read this!
1. Choose a t-shirt that is the right size and shape. If you want a fitted crop top, choose a t-shirt that is snug but not too tight. If you want a more relaxed crop top, choose a t-shirt that is a bit loose.
Step One: Lay your shirt flat and make sure you have the right-sized shirt. Step 2: Using a ruler, mark the center of your shirt. Make sure to write down the dimensions of your shirt. Step 3: Find where your hemline is on the shirt and measure from there to where you want the neckline of your t-shirt to be. Write these measurements down too. Step 4: Now that you’ve marked where you want the neckline to be, find where you want a cut line for the arm holes to go in relation to this line. You should do this on both sides of the shirt so every side is symmetrical. This is also where you will write down the size of each arm hole (how wide they will be). Step 5: Cut along those lines with scissors or a sharp knife. Remember to make it as straight as possible so it looks good when it’s finished! If you have any curves, use a ruler or other straight edge to create more straight lines until it’s all cut out!
2. Cut off the bottom hem of the t-shirt. The length of the crop top will depend on how much of the t-shirt you cut off.
For a short crop top, cut off about 4-6 inches (10-15 cm) from the bottom of the t-shirt. For a longer crop top, cut off about 8-10 inches (20-25 cm) from the bottom of the t-shirt.
3. Cut the sleeves off of the t-shirt. You can make the crop top sleeveless or keep the sleeves on, depending on your preference.
- Cut the sleeves off of the t-shirt and make a crop top out of it.
- Cut the hem off of the t-shirt and create an ankle length skirt from it.
- Cut the hem off of the t-shirt and create a maxi dress from it.
4. Try on the crop top to make sure it fits the way you want it to. Make any necessary adjustments by cutting off more fabric or sewing the crop top to make it tighter or looser.
Crop tops tend to be tighter than t-shirts, so this is an important step.
Make sure your crop top fits the way you want it too! Your final product should look quite different from the original t-shirt. The original t-shirt has a defined neckline and sleeves. The crop top will have a more defined neckline than the shirt’s neckline and no sleeves.
5. Enjoy your new crop top!
Once you’ve completed your new crop top, be sure to take some pictures and share them with us on social media. You can also upload them to our Facebook page or Instagram.
-If the shirt is a fitted t-shirt, cut at the armhole.
-Cut open the sleeve of the shirt, then cut it to length
-Cut off the hem of the shirt at your desired length
-Trim any excess material from around the neckline
-See step five for how to cut around sleeves